BridgeHealth SBM™ delivers measurable savings on major surgery claims costs through a combination of avoidance of unnecessary surgeries as well as the savings provided through BridgeHealth’s pre-negotiated case rates.
The following shows an example of the savings opportunity:
Plan Sponsor with 10,000 members, including dependents over the age of 18.
- $95,000,000 Total Healthcare Costs – (based on national average costs)
- $28,500,000 Surgical Claims Costs – (30% based on national averages)
- $10,110,000 Surgical Costs applicable for BridgeHealth SBMTM – (180 major surgeries – based on national incidence statistics from the National Center for Health Statistics.)
- $1,010,000 savings as a result of plan member engagement in shared decision making (conservative 10% assumption)
- $360,000 savings by accessing the pre-negotiated case rates within the BridgeHealth Network (conservative 10% utilization assumption).
- $1,370,000 Total Saving Opportunity
- ROI 1000%+